I am currently publishing research around the themes of place, place-making and the hydro world.
- Anim-Addo A, Hasty W and Peters K (2015) (eds) The Mobilities of Ships. Routledge: Abingdon ISBN: 9781138905207.
- Anderson J and Peters K (2014) (eds) Waterworlds: Human Geographies of the Ocean. Ashgate: Farnham ISBN 9781409450511.
- Turner J and Peters K (forthcoming) Rethinking mobility in criminology: beyond horizontal mobilities of prisoner transportation Punishment and Society
- Peters K and Turner J (2015) Between crime and colony: interrogating (im)mobilities aboard the convict ship Social and Cultural Geography 16(7): 844-862.
- Turner J and Peters K (2015) Unlocking carceral atmospheres: extraordinary encounters at the prison museum Visual Communication 14(3): 309-330.
- Steinberg P and Peters K (2015) Wet ontologies, fluid spaces: giving depth to volume through oceanic thinking Environment and Planning D: Society and Space 33(2): 247-264. See also the associated essay on the Society & Space website: Peters K and Steinberg P (2015) A wet world: re-thinking place, territory and time
- Peters K (2015) Drifting: towards mobilities at sea Transactions of the Institute of British Geographers 40(2): 262-272.
- Peters K and Steinberg P (2014) Volume and vision: fluid frames of thinking ocean space Harvard Design Magazine 35: 124-129.
- Peters K and Turner J (2014) Fixed term attachments: negotiating mobility and a sense of place as a temporary teaching fellow Environment and Planning A 46(10): 2317-2331. See also a response to this paper, published in EPA in 2015, issue 47 (4), pp. 1015-1016: Response by Nick Bearman, Sarah Dyer, Helen Walkington, Stephanie Wyse
- Peters K (2014) Tracking (im)mobilities at sea: ships, boats and surveillance strategies Mobilities 9(3): 414-431.
- Anim-Addo A, Hasty W, Peters K (2014) Special issue Introduction: the mobilities of ships and shipped mobilities Mobilities 9(3): 337-349.
- Peters K (2013) Regulating the radio pirates: rethinking the control of offshore broadcasting stations through a maritime perspective Media History 19(3): 337-353.
- Hasty W and Peters K (2012) The ship in geography and the geographies of ships Geography Compass 6(11): 660-676.
- Peters K (2012) Manipulating material hydro-worlds: rethinking human and more-than-human relationality through offshore radio piracy Environment and Planning A 44(5): 1241-1254.
- Peters K (2011) Sinking the radio pirates: exploring British strategies of governance in the North Sea, 1964-1991 Area 43(3): 281-287. Ranked runner up for the RGS Area Prize awarded for new research in geography
- Peters K (2011) Negotiating the “place” and “placement” of banal tourist souvenirs in the home Tourism Geographies 13(2): 234-256.
- Peters K (2010) Future promises for contemporary social and cultural geographies of the seas Geography Compass 2(6): 1260-1272.
- Peters K (in preparation) Geographical approaches to maritime security. In Bueger C et al (eds) Maritime Security. Routledge: Abingdon.
- Peters K and Turner J (forthcoming) Journeying towards new methods in prison tourism research: Mobilising penal histories at the convict ship exhibition. In Wilson J, Hodgkinson S, Piche J and Walby K (eds) The Palgrave Handbook of Prison Tourism. Palgrave: Basingstoke.
- Peters K (forthcoming) Oceans and Seas. In Richardson D et al (eds) International Encyclopedia of Geography. AAG-Wiley: USA.
- Turner J and Peters K (2015) Doing Time-Travel: Performing past and present at the prison museum. In Morin K and Moran D (eds) Historical Geographies of Prisons: Unlocking the Usable Carceral Past Routledge: London, 71-87.
- Peters K (2014) Material transformations: place, process and the capacity of tourist souvenirs in the home. In Lean G, Staiff R and Waterton E (eds) Travel and Transformation Ashgate: Farnham, 205-218.
- Anderson J and Peters K (2014) ‘A perfect and absolute blank’: Human geographies of water worlds. In Anderson J and Peters K (eds) Waterworlds: Human Geographies of the Ocean. Ashgate: Farnham, 3-19.
- Peters K (2014) Taking more-than-human geographies to sea: ocean natures and offshore radio piracy. In Anderson J and Peters K (eds) Waterworlds: Human Geographies of the Ocean. Ashgate: Farnham,177-191.
- Peters K (forthcoming) Review of Birtchell J, Savitsky S and Urry J, Cargo Mobilities: Moving Materials in a Global Age. Routledge: Abingdon. Mariners Mirror
- Peters K (forthcoming) Review of Singer C, 2014, Sea Change: The Shore from Shakespeare to Banville. Rodophi Press: Amsterdam & New York. Cultural Geographies
- Peters K (2015) Review of Rose G and Tolia-Kelly D, 2012, Visuality/Materiality: Images, Objects, Practices. Ashgate: Farnham. Journal of Consumer Culture 15(3): 429-430.
- Peters K (2015) Review of Ryan A, 2012, Where Land Meets Sea: coastal explorations of landscape, representation and spatial experience. Ashgate: Farnham. Journal of Historical Geography 47(1): 120.
- Peters K (2014) Review of Jensen O B, 2013, Staging Mobilities. Routledge: London. Environment and Planning D: Society and Space (online)
- Peters K (2012) Review of Mack J, 2011, The Sea: a cultural history. Reaktion Books: London. Cultural Geographies 19(4): 554-555.
- Peters K (2011) Review of Benton L, 2010, A Search for Sovereignty: Law and Geography in European Empires 1400-1900. Cambridge University Press: Cambridge. Geografiska Annaler: Series B, Human Geography 93(4): 344-346.
- Peters K (2009) Review of Canzlar W, Kaufmann V and Kesselring S, 2008, Tracing Mobilities: Towards a Cosmopolitan Perspective. Ashgate: Aldershot. International Planning Studies 14(1): 103-106.
- Peters K (2009) Review of Rediker M, 2007, The Slave Ship: A Human History. John Murray Publishers: London. The Geographical Journal 175(2):160-161.